DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


8.28.2004

 

A Long Voyage

For the past week and a half or so, I have wandered around the great state of Ohio and down into Kentucky as well. It was quite a way to send off the summer. On Thursday, my father and I drove out to Hebron, OH. With my friends wedding quickly approaching on Saturday, I stopped by Granville and had a filling breakfast at Aladdin before heading off to Cincy to stay with my friend Zach. That friday night, Zach and I visited some of his friends at Xavier. Tagging along was Zach's friend from high school, Sam. The next morning Zach and I drove back down 71 to Grove City to attend our friend's wedding. It was a weird and joyful sensation to see one of my friends of a similar age. Some of my friends commented that seeing a fellow 20 year old getting married made them feel immature...I disagree...I think we simply are at different points in our lives. You cant constantly compare yourself with others. The end of the wedding signaled the real fun...a reception and the subsequent hotel party. After a confusing and fun night, Zach and I made our way back to the Nati. Sunday...the day usually associated with rest was...well, used for just that. Our weary bodies needed rest. By this time, I was edging closer to the 1 K mark on my odometer for the trip. On Monday, we visited a couple of Zach's friends at UC, with Sam (this second trip sprung the series of "The Zany Adventures of Sam, Zach, and Ivan"....What will they do next?) The next two days brought on two amazing and opposing landscapes. Tuesday night, using Zach's connections...we found our way into the Pavilion, a bar up on Mount Adams in Cincy. Famous for it's patio overlooking the Cincinnati and over the River to Kentucky. It was an amazing nighttime skyline view of Cincy. The next day, we (Zach, Sam, and I) drove down to Morehead in Appalachians of Kentucky. On the trip down to Morehead, we made a right on Best Pal Lane on our way to Arby's. Morehead was in the middle of nowhere...and it was amazing. With the guidance of Zach's friend, we hiked on a short trail through Daniel Boone National Forest and scaled a rock up to the summit where an amazing view of the Appalachians awaited us.

The rest of the week was spent in amazement of the beauty of Kentucky.

Below are a lot of pictures...I had trouble choosing

If you want larger versions then leave a comment beneath the picture that you desire.

Comments: Post a Comment