DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


10.27.2004

 

Nader

I caught a bit of one of Nader's speeches on CSPAN yesterday, and it brought me back to the previous two times I had heard him speak in person. For a man whose appearance and tone can put some asleep, he does an amazing job of inspiring and energizing. He raises so many important issues that both of the dominant parties refuse to address. He provokes pro-active political thoughts from within. He reminds me that Kerry is a pawn in the game of politics just as Bush is. He too plays to please the big corporations, just as most senators and representatives seem to as well. There needs to be a third party in our democratic system. The two party system does not serve the people in the most productive and effective way. Instead, big corporations are the ones who benefit the most. When 4 billion dollars is spent on campaign advertising with non-sensical and misleading TV spots with wolves and ostriches. Tell me that that 4 billion dollars is well spent...I think not. That money could have been used for a better cause...say improved education, health care for those who can't afford it, increasing minimum wage or something of that nature. There needs to be change...."Silver Spooners" should be joined on the campaign trail by the working class that they are "fighting for". We need campaign finance reform. All that being said...chalk me up as a Green for Kerry.

Comments: Post a Comment