DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


5.25.2005

 

College Life is a funny thing

Not the actual living part, but the transportable life that is associated with living AKA your stuff or things...depending on what you define as valuable. The ritual associated with stuffing your things into a small place than driving to and from school and home is something that I find very amusing. I may have more "thuff" than your average college student as my interest in music consumes space, but the act of packing your life up and moving it back and forth between college and school is such a funny thing. After a brief stint back in Delawhere, I drove back out to Ohio to begin my summer research focusing on constraining the time period during which a pro-glacial lake was present here in Licking County during the last ice age. Anywho, on my way out, I drove through a cloud of papers and paper clips. Shortly after passing through the cloud of office supplies, I drove past a ford taurus on the side of the road whose trunk had been packed so tightly that the entire trunk was being held together by bungee cords and the trunk door was blocking any possible lines of sight that the driver had in his rear view mirror. I would venture to say that the man had stuffed 15 large duffel bags in his trunk. Needless to say, my stuffed car (whose doors were all closed) didnt seem that ridiculous after all.

Comments: Post a Comment