DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


3.09.2008

 

Happenings


Well, I am wrapping up a lazy Sunday morning that is reminiscent of Sunday mornings of seven years past. Me pater is wrapping up a successful pledge drive show on WVUD and I am lounging about with the virtual version of the newspaper - nytimes.com. Anyways, yet again, much has happened since I blogged (like an actual blog, not a faux landmark blog). I went on a summer geosciences field camp with the University of Arizona, grew a mean beard, returned back home fit Christmas, and applied to grad school for geomorphology, or surface processes...oh yeah, I also graduated and got a job. With all of this excitement, I have not made time to blog. Which should not be a surprise to any of the remaining spurned Delawho? Delawhat? Delawhere? fans.

Last week, I wanted to make a difference and vote in the Ohio democratic primary. And yet again, Ohio has failed to see the light. Save the more recent 2006 election, Ohio and I have had our disagreements. Bush in 2000 and 2004 and now Clinton in 2008. In no way am I comparing the two persons, however, Clinton's success in this state does confuse me. Obama has projected himself as a uniter, a leader...a political wunderkind of sorts. Policy-wise Hillary and Obama very similar...maybe 95% alike (a Colbert guesstimate of sorts). But, Hillary is very abrasive and divisive at times. She has taken credit for Bill's successes and waffled on his "failures". She has played the old-fashioned political game of slander. This is not to say that Obama has not participated in similar activities, however, they have been slightly more understated than Hillary's attacks.

One of Hillary's attacks that has "got my goat" is the issue of yea, nay, or present votes that Obama submitted during his time in the Illinois State Senate. She first presented this issue when John Edwards was still in the running for the nomination. And I quote

He (Obama) voted “present,” effectively sidestepping the issue, an option he invoked nearly 130 times as a state senator.

Sometimes the “present’ votes were in line with instructions from Democratic leaders or because he objected to provisions in bills that he might otherwise support. At other times, Mr. Obama voted present on questions that had overwhelming bipartisan support. In at least a few cases, the issue was politically sensitive.
from MSNBC.

Hillary's response to the logic that Obama presented was obtuse.


I want change and I want it now. Give me Obama.

Comments: Post a Comment