DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


6.01.2004

 

What Goes through some peoples minds?

Yesterday, as I enjoyed the comforts of home after finishing the work day, I overheard the traffic report. Every Memorial Day weekend, thousands upon thousands of people migrate down to the shore for an overcrowded couple days of fun. And every year, the traffic going down and coming back is ungodly slow. It seems that the payoff for spending idle hours behind hundreds of cars should not be to spend time on the beach with those same road maniacs. I would compare traveling to the beach on Memorial Day to a bird who repeatedly flys into a window, gets up and flys into it again. We just never learn. I cant imagine the Chinese water torture being more annoying than sitting in beach traffic for hours.

Needless to say, I am making a trip down to the shore in a few hours...a seashore that will hopefully be slightly less crowded.

Comments: Post a Comment