DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


12.04.2004

 

That New Backpack Feeling

New and exciting stuff is always fun...but there is something extra special about getting a new backpack. On Friday, my new Jansport Odyssey Daypack arrived in the mail. Take a look at this beauty. My old backpack, which had been my primary lugger of stuff, lasted me a full 6 1/2 years through high school and 2.5 years of college. In my book, that is quite the feat, as many of today's high schools do not allow for students to make locker stops between classes, forcing many scrawny students to drag their books to class. My new backpack is huuuge and I regularly lose my way around it as it features upwards of five sizable pockets (not including the" Hydration-ready sleeve (bladder not included)—H2O on the go"). This backpack among fannypacks brags a 2350 cu in / 38.5L carrying capacity by using its 19.5" x 13.5" x 12" dimensions wisely. It is quite a backpack.

As with any new item, you always want to put it to use right away. There is something fun and fulfilling about using a new object for its purpose. However, the relatively short trip from Sheppardson Hall to Olin is not quite fulfilling enough. Just as my trip starts it comes to an end a measly 7 minutes later. With my old faithful backpack, whose strap broke (rendering it a knapsack of sorts), the trip to class wasn't as exciting...But with the new pack, it is excitement city. I think it's even got a HEMI in it.

Comments: Post a Comment