DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


2.01.2004

 
OK, so WHIZ TV was an all too easy target as Alex pointed out on his blog, (Clever Title). I agree, WHIZ TV shouldn't really count as a news broadcast. Point taken. At the same time, if you even look at Newscenter and some of the hooks that they show in order to gain viewers. For example, earlier this week, in between one of FOX's shows, the NIGHT TEAM's news anchor came on and something to the effect of "Could you be sued for not shoveling your sidewalk? Tune in at 10 for the answer and other reasons Newscenter is on your side." Now, it would seem to me that this is not breaking news and in fact, I thought that it was common knowledge. In fairness, all news stations are guilty of this over dramatic and sensationalized presentation style. However, that seems like a bit of a stretch for breaking news. It seems to me that news occurs at a slower rate than the news back in the Philly area. By the way, this is no way means that i watch the news regularly at school or at home. I would much rather receive my news somewhat devoid of elements of fear and over production.

Comments: Post a Comment