DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


5.10.2004

 

Here's the Newness

The Semester is over and I found my way back to Delaware. My Dad and I drove back to the first state on Saturday. My dad came out on Friday and took my friends and I out to this tiny little restaurant called Brenda Sues. It probably wouldnt be a restaurant as much as it is a place to eat some country fixins. Brenda Sues is a unique roadside restuarant located between Lancaster and Granville. Brenda Sue, the woman, the myth, and the legend, has a massive mural of her mug painted on the quaint one story eatery. When you walk in, you are greeted by the life-size Brenda Sue. The food is great and the atmosphere is better. On Friday night, they had a couple local country musicians providing entertainment, including an excellent fiddlist. If you know me or read my blog, you know that country music isnt really my thing. But, I have an appreciation of music and the Out of Towners were excellent and it was an great close to a great year.

So, I am back here in Delaware with a Rita's Water Ice in hand. Mmmmm so refreshing and delicious. I know that Eddie had a craving for some water ice recently, but he wont be making it back here for some of Philly's finest (side note to eddie: I think Dr. Gilbert mentioned that he would cease blogging for two weeks and then he would reappear and the blog would serve as his personal one I know that I am looking forward to his trimuphant return). I love a good rejuvanating lemon ice. Rita's and Italian Ice is to the Philly region as Graeter's is to Cincy, except better and probably more healthy. It is great to back on the east coast. It looks to be a great summer with family and friends. I hope to blog some more and hope that some of my classmates are inclined to do the same. Check out Dre's Random Jount for some repulsive behavior by an outgoing senior. It seems as though the whole situation is being covered up by the brilliant administration at Denison. This is some serious ish going down on our campus and it is an issue that should not be overlooked or covered up by our Administration.



be the first one to leave a comment, below.

Comments: Post a Comment