DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


4.27.2004

 

Reviews Galore

So, I just got the Van Hunt CD as well as the soundtrack to the Ladykillers. Both of these CDs impress me, especially Van Hunt. I mentioned seeing him opening up for the Roots and Blackalicious. Lets just say, his debut album is amazing. Pick it up. I will try to review both of these CDs a little later.

Quick question: Did anyone go to see Nick Swardson on Monday night. If you missed it, you missed out on an hour and half of hilarity. I was really excited to learn that he was coming here to Denison because I saw his standup on Comedy Central a year or so ago. He repeated some of the material from his standup, but it was still funny. I will try to review his show as well a little later, but I will leave you with a paraphased version of one of his funniest jokes.

"So me and my friends were down in Mexico building libraries and one night we went out to have a little fun. One of my friends wanted to score a blunt. Just one single blunt. So he walked up to this guy and asked him if he had a blunt that he could buy. The guy said "No, but I have heroin." What kind of selling point is that? What is my friend going to do, turn to us and say "So he does have a blunt, but do you wanna die?" Just imagine if this guy was a cars salesman. If you ask him if he has a Honda Civic, would he respond with "No, but I have heroin."

Obviously, this joke is all about setup, but it was hilarious none the less. REVIEWS COMING SOON.

Comments: Post a Comment