DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


6.04.2004

 

The Blog that "Bee"

Can you spell Timber? During the first intermission of the Calgary v. Tampa Bay game, I switched to the finals of this year's National Spelling Bee. When I switched to the Bee, 13 year old Akshay Buddiga was in the middle of his effort to spell his word. His voice seemed to grow softer and tremble, his eyes began to widen like a deer in the head lights, then he fell like a plank of wood in a lumber yard. Buddiga collapsed and appeared to faint. But, the surprises were not over. As the stunned participants stared at Buddiga, he gathered himself and spelled "alopecoid" correctly. It was quite possibly the funniest and most exciting series of events that I have seen in the years of riveting spelling competition. Below you can see the collapse with pictures from wnbc.com's slideshow. Note: As he falls, his hands remained in his pockets.

Also, welcome back to dave gilbert, my comm professor is bringing back his blog with a new format. Speaking of new formats, dont make the same mistake my dad did...I like the new template...but he lost all of his links.

***side note*** - hello - blogger's picture publishing service is acting up for me, so my collage of the young speller's fall has not yet been published.

Comments: Post a Comment