DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


8.13.2004

 

Mc G

I am sure that everyone has heard that New Jersey Governor, Jim McGreevey, resigned from his position in NJ's gov't because he is gay and had an extramarital affair with a man. While, I think there is a lot more behind his resignation than his sexual orientation...there is one thing that continues to leave me bewildered.

The thing that leaves me puzzled about this situation is the appearance of his second wife by his side, holding his hand and such. I would imagine that it is a difficult situation for both of them especially when explaining the situation with their children. However, the way that he holds up their hands as they walk out seems awkward and unusual. My only guess is that they want to keep an image of what people are typically comfortable with...a man and a woman together. Maybe, the thought is that seeing the two together will make the public reactions slightly less intense...I don't know....If anyone has a logical explanation for the situation, leave a comment.

Comments: Post a Comment