DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


2.19.2004

 

The Cosby Show

As a break from studying today, i have been watching the Cosby Show on one of the 11 channels that I get in my room (thats a different story). I have come to this conclusion: Cosby is one of the top three comedic minds (standup and sitcom) that I have ever heard. His standup is brilliantly funny with jokes about Noah (of Ark fame), weekend fun, interaction with children. Now, the Cosby show was quality television. I dont know if anyone saw the recent documentary-like film that jerry seinfeld did entitled Comedian. The movie shows how jerry seinfeld and a little-known and frankly, not that funny, comedian Orny Adams mold and shape their sets. It sort of gives the viewer an idea of the journey that a comedian goes through. Well, in every tale of a journey there is a wise man who the hero consults. In Comedian, that wise man was Bill Cosby. To me, that solidifies his place in history as one of the greatest comedians of all-time. Speaking of reruns of old sitcoms check out Scott's take on the Olsen twins. If you ask me, they are not that attractive...neither is that Hillary Duff (what is she like 16?...come on, there is something wrong there.)

Comments: Post a Comment