DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


3.25.2004

 

Verve


My dad found a pretty interesting CD entitled Verve Remixed^2 at the University of Delaware radio station. I have never been a huge fan of house music and or techno for various reasons but this album is a "boldly assembled a handful of popular jazz tunes and smartly revamped them to the tune of chilled beats" according to one review. I agree. From the remix of Sarah Vaughns "Whatever Lola Wants" to Nina Simone's "Sinner Man", this album surprised me and was an unexpected listen over spring break. I say that because it is usually not an genre of music that I would listen to. I think that Dave might enjoy this album. Especially the track done by Dan the Automator of Dr. Octogan fame.

Comments: Post a Comment