DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


8.02.2004

 

A Roots Update

Well it has been almost a three weeks since I purchased the new Roots album "The Tipping Point" and it is still my primary listening choice...which for a music junky like myself whose job involves a lot of driving...is quite a feat. The raw energy that explodes on the album still excites me and peaks my interest. The album has also brought their older albums back into the rotation...not because I am yearning for their older sound because I feel unfufilled by their current album. Quite the opposite, I am reminded of some of their older stuff and I want to compare the sounds of the past to those of the present. With my handy dandy iPod in hand I have meshed all of albums together into one random shuffled playlist of their music. Listening to it as a continuous piece of work, not just a collection of Number One hits, has been exciting and revealing. I see a lot of similarities in The Tipping Point with earlier albums Do You Want More?!!!??! and Illadelph Halflife. But, I also see growth. It has become quite clear why they are the creme de la creme of the hip hop scene musically and lyrically. Hooray the Roots.

Comments: Post a Comment