DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


2.24.2004

 

Response to A Response

I think Alex misinterpreted my last post about Bush's catch phrases. Believe me, Alex, I understand that "the war on terror" is a battle that needs to be fought for many years to come. And I know that it will not disappear when Kerry or Edwards are elected into office. I dont deny that fact at all. I was simply expressing my frustration with the repetitive "marketing" scheme that is used for this "war on terror". I dont want to be force fed these catchy titles that belong on FOX news or MSNBC. Our government is not a television. Instead of wasting time on phrases like "No child left behind", use the time wisely. All I am asking is that they use a thesaurus. Find another word for terror.

Now, in response to the meat of your post. I found it slightly offensive that you put the blame on Clinton for what happened on September 11th. I am sure that there were opportunities or hints of these attacks during his administration. However, do not overlook the fact that there were many missteps by the Bush Administration. The one positive thing that people say about Bush is that he lead our country through such trying times. Okay...sure. I can give you that. But that situation was forced upon him. The single good thing that Bush has done was unfortunately forced upon him. And for that, he is viewed as a good leader. I have not had confidence in him as a leader post 9/11, under somewhat normal conditions. Guiliani benefited from the tragedy as well. Up to that point, he was not a beloved mayor of NYC. I will say this...I had more faith in Guiliani when I heard him speak then I did when Bush spoke. Bush has never seemed completely with it...maybe it was all that cocaine he snorted in college.

Comments: Post a Comment