DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


2.25.2004

 

Politicians and Speech

I have expressed my frustration with Bush in class and on this blog. However, I would like to say that I hold many of these same feelings for politicians in general as well. Even though I am drawn to politics and the issues that are related to it, I am driven away by the nature of the "business". The quote that Dr. Gilbert keeps on quoting about the brilliance of a good politician is exactly what frustrates me about politics. It is the fact that they say nothing at all and waste valuable air time and resources so that they can travel the country saying alot without saying anything at the same time is the one thing that irritates me. (Sorry for the runon sentence). I find it hard to have faith in somebody who says nothing of importance...this is the case with Bush especially. I rag on Bush because he is the current president, if he is not re-elected in the upcoming election, I guarantee that I will be frustrated with the next president (just not to the same degree). I might be one of the only people who would rather see the president working than up on a stage saying nothing. I like action and decisiveness...not this tip toeing around issues that politicians do. The ironic thing is is that I am trying to pick the speck out of Bush's eye, while I have a log in mine (or something like that). I suffer the same affliction with some issues.

Comments: Post a Comment