DeLaWho? DeLaWhat? DeLaWhere?

The experiences of Me, Myself, and I(van), a young Delawarean, currently working in Cincinnati, Ohio



Your Daily Boondocks via Okayplayer.com


7.10.2004

 

Mongo Need Ad-Vice

A couple of months ago I posted a link to my artist page on Soundclick.com where I had posted a beat that I made using a demo version of Fruity Loops. One of the features of Soundclick.com is the ability for members to contact the artist. I never thought that I would be contacted. However, I have recieved the following three emails in the past few weeks. I need some advice: Are these just people trying to rip me off or Are they semi-genuine?

(1)
I noticed that you are an aspiring songwriter/beatmaker. My name is M.
Ebert and I am the founder of Kid Antrim Music, a forum geared towards the
discovery and recognition of emerging and developing songwriting talent. We
are currently welcoming submissions from solo acts or bands of any age
group or music genre that would be interested in appearing on one of our
2004 Compilation CDs, which will be distributed to various record labels
and radio stations nationwide.
If any of your songs are invited to appear, each CD would contain your
contact information for listeners interested in getting more info on your
music. To submit a song from your Soundclick.com website, please email us
(KidAntrimMusic@aol.com) and specify the website where your music can be
downloaded and your song title(s). Upon submission, we also ask that you
provide us with your postal mailing address so that we may properly contact
you in the coming months with additional information and feedback regarding
your material.
This is a great chance to share your music with other songwriters and
various factions of the music industry. For more info, visit
www.kidantrimmusic.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon, and hope
you can help us spread the word about this venture.

M. Ebert - Founder of Kid Antrim Music

Kid Antrim Music
P.O. Box 1570
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
www.kidantrimmusic.com


(2)
Hey Special Ed.

Love your sets. Any chance of getting you to spin in Broward? Euphoria
Project is a group that throws house parties and also promotes events at
clubs. They are ultra casual folks that bring together many good people in
the underground music scene. I'm not personally involved with EP, but maybe
you would both benefit some by hooking up.

Keep up the good work on Breaksfm.

Jerry.


(3)
how much to lease/use your beats?

Comments: Post a Comment